Obecny czas: Czw, 18.04.2024, 1:19

Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 3 posty(ów) ] 
The Charger SRT8 is Back 
Autor Wiadomość
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Inowrocław | Poznań
Post The Charger SRT8 is Back
Cytuj:
It has been two years since I spotted this Charger for the first time (I even created a Random Snap and a Spotlight about it). It was also around this time that the dedicated stance blogs began popping up. One of them was Stance:Nation, it was only a few months old at the time but it was already picking up momentum.
The blog is run by Elvis Skender and it has really grown the last few years. I have been in contact with Elvis ever since I first showcased his car. I knew he was rebuilding his SRT8 Charger so I was really anxious to see how far he could take it. Last Monday I got a message on Facebook with a small teaser shot from Elvis saying the car was ready.
The biggest change to the car are the new wheels but there are other things that separate this car from the rest. To get it as clean as possible, Elvis removed all the side moldings and the rear trunk spoiler. He then added a Daytona R/T front lip and a small roof spoiler.
The engine under the hood has more than enough stock power to light up those rear tires. But there are plans to enhance the power with a supercharger. It currently has 425BHP but with the supercharger, that figure should be closer to 550BHP.
The wheels have been custom made for this application. The DPE SP SC5 wheels measure 22x10 in the front and 22x12 in the back. They are wrapped with Nexen N300 235/20/22 tires in the front and 265/30/22 tires in the back.
To get the wheels sitting just right inside the arches, Elvis needed to cut the inside of the fenders especially at the front.
Parts of the front wheel well needed to be cut away because the top of the tire was fouling it while driving at high speeds. The fenders have also been pulled about an inch in the back and about a half an inch up front.
Elvis told me that when the wheel is fully compressed it clears the rear fender by literally 1mm. He says "You can't even get a piece of paper between the rear fender and wheel!". In the end the wheels fit perfectly thanks to the BC Racing suspension with 14K and 16K springs.
The cool thing is that this isn't just a show pony it's actually Elvis's daily driver. He mentions "A lot of people think just because you have a ‘stanced' car that you can say goodbye to performance, but that's wrong. I still drive my car the same and open it up all the time. I never bought my car to run laps around Laguna Seca... I bought it for the looks, sound, and of course having 425BHP stock under the hood is fun for whenever you want ot use it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BB1RtoN ... ature=plcp

speedhunters.com

Czw, 16.02.2012, 22:16
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Warszawa
Post Re: The Charger SRT8 is Back
niezły gangsta 8)

Pią, 17.02.2012, 0:30
Awatar użytkownika

Miejscowość: Miechów
Post Re: The Charger SRT8 is Back
LansowĂłz jak siÄ™ patrzy :P